- Agents Property or Private: Private Seller
- Plot size M2: 8000
- Habitable Surface in M2: 300
- Country: France
- Region: Aquitaine
- Postal Code: 24360
- Listed: 17th June 2014 4:37 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MASSIVE PRICE REDUCTION!!!!! – Price Negotiable ‘Maison de L’Arche’ just oozes with character and charm inside and out!! The property is a stunning south facing 3/4 bedroom 19th century stone house with breath taking country views. It has been lovingly and professionally renovated throughout to a very high standard keeping lots of the original features such as, stone pointed walls and Oak and Chestnut beams. It is being sold ready to just move your furniture in and enjoy!
Dating from 1861 and originally two houses, the property covers approximately 300m2 of living space. It is sited on 8,000m 2 (approximately; 2 acres) of level fenced land. With a light and airy, yet cozy feel, this large country house offers spacious yet manageable accommodation and is indeed, a rare find!
• Large French Country Kitchen/breakfast with wood burner.
• Walk in pantry with separate double sink.
• Spacious lounge with wood burner & feature fireplace. Wood floors.
• Feature downstairs bathroom with cast iron roll top bath.
• 3 large bedrooms. Wood floors.
• Spacious landing with exposed chestnut roof trusses. Wood floor.
• Office. Wood floor.
• Library room. Wood floor.
• Huge attached games/entertaining room of 65m2
• 11m x 5m in ground private flood lit swimming pool with walk in steps.
• Boules Court.
• Old bread oven room.
• Extensive professionally landscaped Gardens.
• Wild life Pond.
• Walled enclosed court yard with Dove cote and old well.
• Second enclosed courtyard/entertaining area, with views.
• Large covered decking area over looking the pool.
• Ample parking space for 6+ cars.
• A detached stone barn in good condition of 175m2.
• Large established organic vegetable garden.
• Herb garden.
• Orchard of; Apples, Nectarines, Peach and Cherry.
Properties of this type, style and ready to move into, are becoming increasingly more difficult to find in this popular area of the Dordogne. If you have been thinking of making the move to escape the rat race, or are looking at a property investment, this could be just what you are looking for!
The property is situated in the commune of Champniers-Reilhac and less than 5 minutes to the village of Champniers, where you will find two bars and a restaurant, Post office and mayors offices and library. There are also fortnightly night markets through the summer months, with BBQ’s, live music, local stalls and more. Less than 10 minute’s drive south, you will find the lively village of Piegut-Pluviers, with all the main amenities such as; Weekly markets, (One of the largest in the region), Supermarkets, Post Office, Banks, Doctors (English spoken) Dentists,(English spoken), Bars, Restaurants, Schools etc. and only 45 minutes from Limoges International Airport offering low cost daily flights to and from the U.K.
It is also less than an hour to the city of Angouleme, (Charente), with its train station offering the TGV to Paris in less than 3 hours. This property would make an ideal family home, holiday home, B&B or Gite business investment, with lots of potential to expand and to develop a substantial income.
The house is situated on the edge of a pretty and historic hamlet called ‘Reilhac’ with its Roman church and Chateau (opposite the property). The hamlet itself is at the Northern tip of the Dordogne bordering the departments of the Haute Vienne to the north, and the Charente to the west, and being just 20 minutes from the main town of Nontron. Two large leisure lakes are less than 10 minutes away and the nearest Restaurant is less than 5 minutes’ drive.
There are also two small rivers within easy walking distance of the house down in the valleys, which take you through beautiful woodland, (with bluebells in Spring), with plenty of wild life such as Deer, Coypu, Kestrels, Owls and Buzzards, which are regularly seen in this beautiful and peaceful setting.
With departmental councils and local communes, heavily investing in leisure and tourism, this area is fast becoming increasingly popular for investment. The world famous vineyards of Bergerac and Bordeaux are less than a 3 hour drive and a great day out. Cognac and its famous distilleries are also easy to reach for a day’s excursion.
For more property information please send us an email at;
472 total views, 2 today